Holiday travels. A time filled with excitement. joy and yes, stress. From catching a plane to layovers and delays, traveling during the holidays always offers a surprise, never knowing what you might have to deal with next. But help is on the way. Whether you are booking a plane ticket and hotel room or shopping in another area of the country – Mobile Apps have become a great way to receive service and tips fast.
When traveling this holiday season, consider using apps to make your life easier, thereby saving you time and money so you can enjoy your family, friends or the destination you which you are traveling.
10 Fun & Unusual Travel Apps For The Holiday Season
- · Best Parking: Flying this Holiday season? Download the Best Parking App to your phone to locate the best parking places to stash your car during the trip. Search by city and location on this App based on the airport you are flying out of. This App helps you find, compare and save on parking at airports.
- · aMetro: This app will highlight the best possible public transportation routes to get to the top places you want to visit during your trip.
- · Convert Clothes: Forget about languages, clothing sizes are a real nightmare when traveling abroad. This App will let you go from your usual sizing system to any other around the world.
- · Tipping Bird: Tipping around the world varies so much that it’s impossible to know when you are going overboard or not being fair. Tipping Bird is an App that will tell you the appropriate tip amount and will even let you rate your services with your tip.
- · Trip Splitter: An excellent App to categorize and split you and your friends’ expenses during a trip. Keeping track of all of expenses helps you identify how much you should pay and how much your friends should pay. Resulting in a better vacation friendships intact.
- · TripIp: This cool App lets you keep track of your itinerary at any moment anywhere in the world. If your travel includes visiting many cities, this App will allow you to organize your time, keep track of your flights and track all of the events you have planned.
- · Hotels.com: In case of a last-minute visit to the big city or a last minute decision to book a getaway, hotels.com is the way to go. This App searches accommodations near your destination and will give you the best prices on available hotels for your travel dates. Read the rest of this entry »
It’s Christmas time again and shopping season is here! Are you feeling the crunch yet? In our search for the perfect gift, we have come to the conclusion that nothing takes the place in our heart like gadgets.
If you are searching for the gift that will make them smile this Holiday Season.. consider giving one of these:
- Kindle Fire HD: It’s the newest gadget from Amazon. It’s incredible display and cool features allow you to store, download and enjoy books, movies and TV series. It also allows you to manage your emails, social media and to save all information purchased from Amazon in the cloud. It’s front HD Camera is one of its best features to use with Skype and the dual Wi-Fi antenna provides 40% faster downloads.
- iPhone 5: Can be described as the world at your fingertips. With endless downloadable apps from the Apple gadget, this is one of the best gifts for Christmas. Dual Camera, Bigger Screen, Retina Display Colors and a lighter weight are just a few of the awesome features this phone is equipped with.
- Canon IXUS 230HS: Cameras are always a favorite when it comes to the hottest electronic gifts, regardless of age. The Canon IXUS 230HS is the perfect gift for this Holiday season. This camera is a compact camera perfect for taking clear, crisp pictures of your favorite moments and destinations.
- IGo Charge Anywhere: With this cool gadget, they never have to worry about their phone dying again! Ensure they can plug and charge wherever they are. Works with most portable electronics including phones, ipods/mp3 players, cameras, etc.
- TomTom’s GPS App for iPhone: Paper maps are long gone and we all want to get to our destination as fast as we can. A GPS is our road buddy, saving us time and energy on getting us to our destination. The TomTom App is a great gift idea for the man/woman on the go. It never has to be removed from the car as long as your special someone has their phone with them they will be able to find their way right back to you.
These are just a few of cool gadgets you may consider as a gift for your loved ones on Christmas, they surely will be helpful, well appreciated and received with a smile.
Since 2006, the Florida Real Estate market has suffered greatly. No big news there. And the subtle gains in the industry over the past two years have done little to wipe out the losses everyone has witnessed.
But hope is on the horizon as what little inventory that remains is selling rapidly and as such, developers are beginning to develop and builders are beginning to build, all with an eye toward a much-improved 2013-2014.
This is good news for everyone involved in the housing industry. From real estate agents and developers to homeowners and advertising agencies (like us) who service this industry. Demand for new homes is up approximately 38% compared to the last quarter of 2011 and is expected to grow even more in the next few years.
The anticipated growth in the housing market will benefit Florida residents everywhere as the expected boom will undoubtedly increase job openings throughout the state. With builders and developers currently producing just 100,000 homes each year — well below the number needed to meet demand — housing starts are bound to rise. And with housing starts comes construction jobs, which means more people employed in our state and with more disposable income to spend.
For all those Baby Boomers out there patiently waiting for the right time to buy, here’s a little tip: buy now. As production and demand begin to increase, so too will prices. No one expects the wild (and baseless) increases in price that we saw in 2004 and 2005 but if Naples, Florida is any indication of statewide trends, the bottom is long behind us. (It was recently reported that Naples-area prices have risen 20% over last years.) Take advantage of a strengthening market, start researching which developer or real estate agent can help you find your next dream home.
Current conditions and an improving economy are the main causes of the upswing the real estate industry is currently experiencing. South Florida real estate has reported an increase of 9.3% from last year on inventory sales, which was helped by record-low interest rates. During the month of September 2012, sales were up in 19% compared to last year’s improvement of 24%, this totals an overall sales increase of 43% during the past 2 years and a rise in real estate prices of 8%.
Floridians are now starting to feel the improvement of the economy and builders are happily getting back to work. Housing developments are going up and residents are loosening their pockets. As a builder or developer, there has never been a better time to revamp your advertising and marketing programs.
Some developers are noting good response to pre-launch advertising and marketing programs designed to generate interest prior to commencing sales. A trick learned in the mid 2000s but working once again. Advance advertising affords builders and developers an opportunity to test floor plan acceptance and even price points.
As the housing market makes it’s way back, take time to target your market and then invest in some pre-launch online and traditional advertising. It will help spur sales and guarantees a good ROI.
United States is certainly not alone in the growing, large list of countries that have been hit by the real estate crisis. In fact, most of the Latin America and American continent is submerged in it and for most countries like Colombia, Mexico and Costa Rica it is only expected to get worst. When and how did it all start is yet to be determined, but the truth is that when the real estate market is struggling the entire country is in distress too.
Homes are among the basic primary needs for human beings. They represent safety and personal security, and are basically a commodity. It would be almost impossible to live without for most of us. For this reason the real estate market is of big importance for both citizens and government, of which both are now trying to keep it afloat.
Laws and regulations for home buying or selling vary widely between countries; in fact, in most of Latin America acquiring a house is nothing like the process in the US. This indicates that the real problem takes root on each country’s economic state.
The list is long, but surprisingly while most of the continent suffers from perhaps the worst crisis they have faced, a few other countries have nothing less than a flourishing and growing real estate industry. This is the case in Brazil, Panama and Chile. In Chile the real estate market is expected to grow in 47% by the end of the year. Brazilian developers are also aiming for growth and a big wave of immigration due to the stable conditions they currently have.
Panama started their recovery by betting on the development of real estate and are now picking up their gains by being able to diversify into other industries and sectors.
Usually the real estate industry is a key indicator of economic ambiance. It is speculated that the real estate market is coming back in the US. As a developer it is important to Advertise new construction from the beginning in order to be able to fill vacancies once the building is open.
- I am thankful for NO snow, but 70-degree weather with blue skies.
- I am thankful that my parents still cook and entertain for Thanksgiving dinner at their house because…I don’t cook!
- I am thankful for meeting and then marrying my high school sweetheart. I could not imagine living my life without him.
- I am thankful for my twin sister. I never turn old alone and she is two minutes older!
- I am thankful that the Pilgrims liked turkey and not liver and onions.
- I am thankful that Thanksgiving falls on a Thursday, followed by Black Friday. Let the shopping begin!
- My wonderful friends and family – they always know how to put a smile on my face.
- Lychee Martinis on a Friday evening, followed by a Saturday relaxing on the water.
- The political ad campaigns being over and done with … Back to the good stuff!
- I am thankful for my wife Sherry, our daughter Taylor and that I will not have to shovel any snow this winter.
- My job at B-Squared, allows me to do what I love.
- My wife’s eggplant parmesan, one of my favorite home-cooked meals.
- My dog Max, he is always the first to greet me when I walk through the door.
Creating, directing and executing a marketing campaign is no easy task. From research to design, there are many aspects to consider when devising a marketing strategy. No matter how brilliant, necessary or life-changing your product is, unless you can clearly communicate its Unique Selling Propositions (USPs), your chances for success are slim.
Therefore, it’s imperative that you research and target your customer base as accurately as possible.
While we have blogged about this in the past, it bears repeating and in today’s post we will discuss the three major generations: Baby Boomers, Generation X and Generation Y. In this blog we discuss the three generations including their age, demographics and bying habits. In the second blog related to this topic, we will discuss marketing triggers for each generation
Baby Boomers represent 77 million members of the US population; they have more spending power than any other generation and love to spend their money. This generation works and plays equally hard. With many of the them nearing retirement they are focused on the next chapter of their lives.
Baby Boomer facts:
o Born between 1946 and 1964
o Known as the spoiled generation, Boomers tend to think that the world revolves around their needs
o They are the second largest demographic segment in the US
o Their ethnicity is largely white
o Boomers have embraced digital era as they designed much of it
o Average Baby Boomer makes approximately $60,000 – $90,000 per year and 14% of them make over $100,000
Generation X is the least populated generation in the US totaling around 55 million people and is the first generation to deal with post-war economies. Like their parents, Generation X loves to spend money; although they don’t have the spending power that Baby Boomers have.
Generation X facts:
o Born between 1965 and 1981
o Generation X enjoys spending time with their families and loved ones. They believe in the importance of balancing work and personal life
o First generation to rely on the internet for everything: from business to everyday tasks
o Convenient and personalized products are their shopping weaknesses
o Place high emphasis on aesthetics
o Are a multicultural society Read the rest of this entry »
Have you ever noticed that fast food restaurants are decorated with bright colors such as red, orange and yellow while banks are often in muted tones of green and blue?
We see varying color schemes every day or our lives and generally don’t think much about it. But color is a meaningful and powerful psychological tool. When it comes to advertising, colors can make consumers feel either positive, negative or simply leave them cold. But whatever the takeaway, it can undoubtedly affect our moods and our behavior. Effective use of color in your business or your advertising can increase brand recognition.
The Psychology of Color
- Black – The color of authority, power, sophistication, and strength. Black is a serious color, which is why you’ll often see it utilized in electronics and luxury items advertising.
- Red – The color of energy. Red easily draws attention and is associated with movement and excitement. In fact, seeing the color red actually stimulates breathing and heart rates. Red is great for headlines, phone numbers, or text that needs to grab attention. But bear in mind, it can also induce angst which may or may not be appropriate.
- White – The color of purity, cleanliness, truthfulness and safety. White is a refreshing, soothing and offers high contrast to other which is why it’s the background of choice for most websites. In hospitals white denotes sterility and in the cosmetics industry, cleanliness.
- Blue – The color of dependability, security, wisdom, and loyalty. Seeing the color blue actually causes the body to produce chemicals that are calming. It is a very soothing color. This color is used for businesses, newborn’s rooms, and in doctor’s offices. Blue is the most well-liked color and the second most powerful color.
- Green – The color of growth, maturity, health, and money. Dark green promotes masculinity and wealth, while light green promotes harmony, peace, and energy. In business, green is often used to communicate wealth and status.
- Yellow – The color associated with laughter, optimism, and happiness. A person surrounded by yellow generally feels optimistic because the brain releases more serotonin when surrounded by the color yellow. Also, yellow enhances concentration and speeds up the metabolism.
- Purple – The color of wealth, prosperity, sophistication and royalty. The color purple stimulates the brain activity used in problem solving, while also being a feminine and romantic color. Purple is often used in women’s cosmetic packaging.
When embarking upon a new advertising campaign, along with choosing your target audience, color is an important component. Think about the emotions you want your customers to feel or not to feel and craft your advertising messages accordingly. Color is a powerful tool and can help you engage your target audience, which in the end will be beneficial to your advertising campaign’s success.
No matter what your business, in order to entice consumers to buy your products or your services, you need to understand them first. Understanding their needs will help you in crafting a message that they can relate to.
Some preliminary research will help paint a clearer picture of your target audience. Knowing where your audience hangs out, what their preferences are — both visually and verbally — and whom they relate to, all serve to help prospects connect with your brand.
It’s not rocket science. And while different target markets respond differently to different messaging and varying media mixes, connecting with your audience on an emotional level first – especially with Baby Boomers and Gen Xers – is key to the success of your advertising and marketing program. Once that emotional connection is made, you can then offer all the reasons why a prospect should choose you over the competition.
Despite the ups and downs of the real estate industry over the past 5 years and the focus on the bottom line, purchasing a home is still about purchasing a dream. Gone, for the most part, are the investors who artificially inflated home prices. Today’s buyers are single moms, young families and retirees searching for that perfect second home. To live in. Not to flip for a tidy profit. What appeals to them? Of course, price is important but what’s equally important is the dream of home ownership. Communicate the dream, back up the dream with reasons to buy and you’ll make the sale.
What makes a brand strong? It’s not annual income or popularity, but rather a combination of factors that takes time to build. Companies who invest in their advertising campaign understand the importance of branding and what it takes to create a strong and long lasting brand.
5 Elements That Constitutes a Strong Brand
- Familiarity- Brands like Coca-Cola and Johnson & Johnson have been around for many years. These brands are found everywhere in the marketplace and are part of people’s routine. People like familiarity and a familiar brand is something people choose, because it is viewed as being trustworthy.
- Value- Whether selling high-end designer handbags or burgers at a fast food restaurant, you are giving your customers the same thing, value. Customers buy where they feel like they are getting the most value for the price they are paying. Whether it is the expensive imported leather handbag or an inexpensive meal to feed the body, it’s important for your customers to see the value in what you are providing.